Expand my Community achievements bar.

My Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES closes when I open it....:(

Former Community Member
Hello all, I want to thank you beforehand for the help regarding this matter. I use Windows Vista and my Adobe LiveCycle Designer was working before but for the last week and a half or so I have not been able to get it to work! I have done scandisk/defrag/and have multiple software to keep my computer clean so I have taken those precautions beforehand. To the problem...:

My Adobe LiveCycle Designer opens up and it was working previously as mentioned, but when I try to open it by either opening or converting a form or creating a new form with a template, I am not able to as it gives me an error message and closes! It gives me an error message of "Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES has stopped working" and a screenshot of this is provided at the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/bc59d422150595157c212a5b181313244g.jpg

I don't know what to do and wanted to see if I could solve this problem before I was forced to try to manually reinstall it so hopefully I don't have to go through that. I appreciate the help once again!
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Try deleting this folder abd startDesigner again:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2

Where username is the userid of th euser you have logged into Windows with.

Former Community Member
Thanks so much buddy! You solved my problem :)

Former Community Member

I am reading this almost exactly three years after the original post...

The original post describes my problem exactly. I'm in Vista, and LC shuts down with an error message after opening a document almost immediately. LC also shuts down if I try to open and edit the document from Acrobat or create a new document.

I am using LC version 8.2 and I cannot locate the file at

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2.

I know Vista elimianted the DS file and the former "Application Data" is now "Program Data", but I cannot locate a "... Designer\8.2" file.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull my hair out, or call customer service and pull my hair out.

Thank you.

Steve

Level 10

Hi,

I have a few screenshots here that show Windows XP and Vista: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2226510#2226510.

visio+screenshot.png

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Designer\8.2\

In addition it is the same location for Windows 7:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Niall:

Thank you again for your help.

This cleared the problem.

Best,

Steven