Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

multiple processes and accessing data

Former Community Member
Morning,

I have created 2 processes within workbench.

Process A - assigns a form with some data in it to a internal user via workspace, it then sends that form to a outside user via email.

they are to update/correct any data and email it back. After the send I have an event to wait for process B to recieve the email and process it.

Process B - start point is a recieve function, it picks up these recieved emails and pulls out the data and puts it into xml.

My problem is process A has one processID, when process B fires up it gets a different processID. How can I merge the data from process B to process A and allow process A to continue on.

This is something like the in the samples LIvecycle end-to-end mortgage application, however I don't understand on the data comes back and is married together.

We thought of creating our own ID in the form however I still run into the same issue when merging the data.

Am I even performing this correctly?

Any better ways of doing this?

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Carmen
4 Replies

Level 10
You have to merge the information manually.

It won't get merged from one process to another.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
and how is that done?

is their a better way of doing this?

can "complete task" under process mgt help me in this situation?

or events and passing the xml? but not sure how to ensure that I am matching the correct processes together.

Thanks,

Carmen

Former Community Member
Afternoon,

If anyone is interested.

I put the processID into the outgoing form. (could us anything really, just need something unique)

I ended up writing the xml to the filesystem in a folder based on the processid from the intial process. tossed a event to go back to my existing process that I filtered on to ensure the pid's matched from the throw and the receive. I then read the xml from the file system and continued on with my process.

Using contentspace would be an option however the client I am working for doesn't have it.

Thanks.

Level 10
"My problem is process A has one processID, when process B fires up it gets a different processID. How can I merge the data from process B to process A and allow process A to continue on."

Why can't process B just return the data back to process A. I'm assuming process A makes a call to process B.

Process A can wait until process B finishes and then get the output parameters from process B which would be you data and then go on.

Jasmin