Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Multiple LDAP directories ...

Former Community Member
Another day, another Livecycle bug ...

I have added a new domain/directory to Livecycle. The synchronization works and the users are correctly added to edcprincipalentity.

Yet whenever i try to logon to workspace i get

"

An error occurred during the operation. Please try again or contact your system administrator for assistance. (ALC-WKS-007-000)

"

The log files show:

"

INFO: ALC-WKS-005-026: Access denied: access permission not assigned to user

"

What kind of access permissions are we talking about here? Also where can i set these?

I remember that i had this problem ages ago and the solution was something very obscure having to do with the unique identifier or so.

Any ideas?
17 Replies

Level 4
You have to assign your users "LiveCycle Workspace User" Role. To grant this role for all the users in your new domain go to<br />Adminui -> Home > Settings > User Management > Users and Groups. There search for a Group "All Principals in <your domain name>". And assign the above role to that group.<br /><br />This should enable your users to log in to workspace

Former Community Member
@Chetan

I feel like a moron. I knew i had to assign roles, but for the life of me i couldn't find them anymore.

thank you very much

Employee

The solution was that he forgot to assign workspace permissions to these new users coming from the second domain and they therefore were not allowed to log on. Once he created a group, added the workspace user permission to it and then assigned it to all these users they could log on.

Level 3

Hi Prokopiu1,

I am able to login into workspace but not able to submit the PDF forms?

When I submitting the form getting the below error

DSCError: ComponentID= DSC ErrorCode= 3 MinorCode= 0 Message= Invocation error. ErrorMessage: Invocation error. caused by: ALC-WKS-005-026: Access denied: access permission not assigned to user ""

Any idea?

Regards,

Srujan

Employee

I can only guess - maybe your users do not have the Services User role which gives permissions Service Invoke and Service Read. Or the service you are submitting to is restricted in access.

Level 3

Thanks for reply!

though I tried with Administrator ... forms are not submitting

Regards,

Srujan

Employee

If access to the service is restricted it could also exclude the Administrator. Is this the standard submit inside workspace or are you submitting to a custom service? It is very difficult to determine what the problem is from here. Does this happen with all workflows?

Level 3

Thanks!

OOTB submit services are using in workspace and this is happening only for PDF forms , all HTML5 forms are submitting successfully. 

Regards,

Srujan

Employee

Are you using the option Submit via Reader or not?

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1616683878318.png

And do you use Render profiles with custom services?

Kosta_Prokopiu1_1-1616683949990.png

Employee

well, looks pretty normal. I think this might be a case for Adobe Support. You may want to ask your Administrator to check the server log for errors during submit and someone to open a ticket. I won`t be able to help you here. You can also check if the Default Submit Form process is running and has default Security settings (in AdminUI):

Kosta_Prokopiu1_0-1616686914970.png

Good Luck!

Level 3

Thank you fir quick replies...

I tried that as well but no luck. I already raised Adobe ticket but no positive response yet. Last resort I came here.

Regards,

Srujan

Level 3

Hi,

In browser console I can see the below errors 

srujan816_0-1616688320218.png

Srujan

Employee

are you opening workspace as https://host:port/lc/ws? It could be that HTML forms submit in the same context with https but with PDFs  it looks as if the submiturl is http and the browser blocks this?!?