Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Moving forms to a different Computer

Former Community Member
I have designed a form in Designer ES. It is a roll call form. When the form is opened and a drop down list is selected with the different committees. The name of the individuals that are on the committee automatically populates in the Roll Call form. I am using a Access database for testing purposes.

The form works great on my lap top that has ES loaded on it. Now I want to move it to a different computer to have my boss check it out. I copy the form and the database over and place them in the same path as was used on my computer but I get an error of course.

Do I need another product to run the form on another machine?

I am sure this is easy and I am just not doing it right.

I might not even be saving the form in the correct format. I don,t know.

Is there a way to get this done?

Thank you for your help.

Jeff
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You have to configure the Data Source Name (DSN) on his computer to access the OLEDB data source (access). You had to do the same thing on your computer.

Former Community Member
Hello Paul: Thank you for your fast response. I configured the ODBC data connection on the target computer. I open the form and change the dropdown to Council.

The following error appears.

accessor '$SourceSet.Links.#command.query.CommandType'is unknown.

Any direction is very appreciated.

Thank you Paul

Former Community Member
Hello again Paul:

The target computer only has Adobe Reader 9 loaded.

Would I need Reader Extensions to make it work?

Thank you

Jeff

Former Community Member
Yes ....that is your issue. You need LiveCycle Reader Extensions ...the one in Acrobat does not turn on the database connectivity right.

Or you could download a trial version of Acrobat for that machine.