Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Move LiveCycle server host

Level 1

Hello,

we want to move our running LC-installation to a new host in a new domain.

I can't find a documentation to that Topic. Are there any advices for me?

Thanks.

Axel

9 Replies

Level 3

Hi Axel,

We are doing something similar so I may have a partial answer.

I was able to export my process from or LC2 server to an LCA using LiveCycle Workbench 9.5 and then import it into our new LC4 server via the admin UI (Services->Applications and Services->Application Management and then click Import).  So far so good.  But I also have a large number of watched folders for which I exported configuration information from my LC2 system sometime last year (but don't remember how).  I'd like to import this into LC4 but can't find the right place to do the import.

The initial tags are:

<applicationSettings xmlns=http://adobe.com/idp/applicationmanager/applicatino/settings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3/org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<serviceSettings>

<serviceConfigurationSettings>

If this looks familiar and you can tell me how to import this I will be very grateful.

Thanks!

Noam

Level 1

Hi Noam,

thanks for your answer and sorry for delay of replying.

We have the problem, that we can't access the admin UI after movement of the LC-Server. The former login doesn't work.The JBoss is running well.

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

Are you able to see the adminui login page ? What do you see in the JBoss logs ?

-Wasil

Level 1

Hi Wasil,

I see the adminUI-Login page

Found in server.log:

ERROR [com.adobe.idp.config.AdobePreferenceFactory] UserM:GENERIC_ERROR: [Thread Hashcode: 17671659] Problem with system rootcom.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPSystemExceptionorigin: com.adobe.idp.common.errors.exception.IDPException| [com.adobe.idp.storeprovider.database.DBDatasourceFactory] errorCode:8193 errorCodeHEX:0x2001 message:Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

I understand, that there's noc Connection to the mysql-database. So I can't Login to the adminUI.

Here it gets the old server-Name:

* System Properties **************************************************

bind.address.................................: HFSLAOPM01

Where can I change this property?

Thanks!

Axel

Employee Advisor

You should reconfigure your datasources(database onnection) in JBoss(assuming it's 5.1).

[appserver root]/server/<profile_name>/deploy/adobe-ds.xml

The above bind address is for the Jboss host where it is bound(i.e. HFSLAOPM01). What steps did you follow to move the server ? What is the LiveCycle version ?

-Wasil

Level 1

I think the configuration of the datasource is correct. We didn't change anything here:

<datasources>

<local-tx-datasource>

<jndi-name>IDP_DS</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/adobe</connection-url>

<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

<!-- modified by installer to encrypt password -->

<security-domain>EncryptDBPassword_IDP_DS</security-domain>

Our server-admin cloned the virtual LC-server and moved it to a new local domain and changed the name and ip of the server.

I think that was all. We are still using version LC2 (9.0).

Thanks!

Axel

Employee Advisor

First of all you must try to upgrade to a supported version as soon as possible as ES2 is out of support.

Secondly, for the issue, you can try to change the Host name(provided with -b flag) in service.bat which is executed by windows service to start the JBoss. In case it's not service, update it in run.conf.bat. Then restart

JbossHost4Service.jpg

-Wasil

Level 1

The service.bat is looking similar to yours.

Mayby there is a wrong server configuration. I let check this by our server-admin.

Level 1

Hi,

we solved this problem. There were some wrong entries in the windows-registry which we fixed.

Now the LC-Server works.

Thanks to all who answered.

Best regards

Axel.