Expand my Community achievements bar.

Move cursor to start of text field

Level 1
I'm using Acrobat LiveCycle Designer 7.0. When the user opens my PDF, I have a full-page text field that displays a very prominent message to fill out the fields and then print (rather than printing and filling out the form by hand). The text message advises the user to click the page in order to dismiss the message.

The text field is positioned at the back of the document. (This allows me to edit the document in Designer without the text field getting in the way.) The text field's initialize event includes a setFocus() to bring the field to the front when the document is opened. The click() event contains a presence="invisible" command to hide the text field as soon as it's clicked.

This all works as expected.

The only problem is that when the setFocus() fires, the cursor is placed at the end of the text, which displays at the bottom of the page. The PDF thus opens scrolled to the bottom of the page.

Is there any (JavaScript) command I can use to move the cursor to the beginning of the text field? Alternatively, can I force the page to scroll up in Acrobat?

If neither is possible, is there an easier way to get the full-page warning message to display until it's clicked?
0 Replies