Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Merge and publish multiple records from OLE DB connection

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm new to LiveCycle Designer. I'm using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.0, version 7, 0, 041126, 0 on a MicroSoft XP machine.

I've created a two page form and bound the data elements from an OLE DB data connection to an Oracle table. When I click the "PDF Preview" tab, I'm able to see the data has merged correctly.

When I publish the form the first row of data from the OLE DB merges correctly into the PDF file, but it's only the first record.

Question 1 - How can I get ALL of the records to merge into a single PDF when I publish the file?

Question 2 - I also need a way to merge all of the records into sepearate PDF files. Is this possible?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello,

I've spent a whole day looking through the documentation on-line, forums, and google help trying to figure this out. Is this not possible or am I asking the question incorrectly? I'm trying to merge all of the records in a database into a single PDF file for printing. A single merged record work fine and I have the ability to dynamically move forward and backward throught the dataset; however, it still escapes me as to how to get *all of the records into a single PDF.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Former Community Member
After a week of digging through forums, documentation and working with Adobe Support, it has become painfully evident that Adobe Pro 8 with LiveCycle Design can not do the mail merge function that I'm requesting; however, I've found a solution to Adobe's shortcoming. There is a third party product that is a plugin called MailMerge by Evermap. It cost around $149 and it's well worth the time and aggrevation! They have a lot of other plugins as well for basic functions that are missing out of the Adobe products.

www.evermap.com