Expand my Community achievements bar.

Looking for VB.NET Example of Web Method that receives XML from "Submit to URL" button

Former Community Member
I am trying to create a web service using Visual Studio 2005 that will receive XML from the "Submit to URL" button in a form. We have set the URL to be sent to as "http://servername/Services.asmx?op=WebService" in the form. I have tried the button to send XML Data, UTF-8 encoded and the method signature parameter as XmlDocument, XmlDataDocument and String. With these settings I receive the error - "Cannot handle content type: text/xml; charset=utf-8"<br />Example:<br /> <WebMethod()> _<br />Public Sub WebService(ByVal inputdoc As XmlDocument)<br /> 'Load master XML<br /> Dim doc As XmlDocument = New XmlDocument()<br /> doc.Load("C:\RFI\Master.xml")<br /><br /> 'merge pasted XML<br /> Dim imported As XmlNode = doc.ImportNode(inputdoc.DocumentElement, True)<br /> doc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(imported)<br /><br /> ' print merged documents<br /> doc.Save("C:\RFI\FormData.xml")<br /><br /> End Sub<br /><br />I have also tried the button to send URL-Encoded Data (HTTP Post), UTF-8 encoded and the method signature parameter as XmlDocument, XmlDataDocument, and String. With these settings I receive the error after clicking the submit button in the form - "Cannot handle content type: application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8"<br /><br />I have even tried commenting out the processing of the parameter withing the method to see if that was causing the problem. No joy!<br /><br />Can anyone please provide me good example of a web method that receives data from the "Submit to URL" button? Thanks!
0 Replies