Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Workspace ES over the Internet

Former Community Member
Hi

I have a question - can I use workspace through the internet?

For example, I use workspace in our local network by address http://adobeserver:8080/workspace. Also our admin gave me an entry point to the workspace over the internet, for example by url http://companyName/workspace/. But when I'm trying to open any form it's impossible due to loading which continues without any result: I see only spinning circle and nothing is going on.

I cought the traffic and saw that it uses local url (adobeserver) instead of internet url (companyName).

So, does anybody know if there is a setting in adminui to get access to the workspace through the internet? I know that such setting exists in SharePoint and called Access Mapping - Public URLs - Internet Zone.

If nobody knows this can you advise me how to write a letter to the Adobe LiveCycle support team?

Thanks a lot!
8 Replies

Level 2
What you are trying to do will not work in Workspace ES (8.0.1.x) but will work in the next release of Workspace ES.

In addition to opening up /workspace, you should look into opening up /workspace-server as well.

Former Community Member
Stéphane, thank you very much for quick and helpful reply!

Former Community Member
I am experiencing the same problem trying to access the Workspace application through a reverse proxy. I referred to the document "Hardening and Security for LiveCycle ES", section "Configuring LiveCycle ES for access beyond the enterprise", subsection "Setting up a reverse proxy for web access". I guess the documentation incorrectly states the /workspace and /workspace-server URLs are available for end user access via a reverse proxy configuration?

Does anyone know when this functionality will be available in Workspace?

Level 2
John and Andrei,

You should contact Adobe Support and inquire about a fix/patch to Workspace for reverse proxy support. Please mention the version of LiveCycle you are using, describe what you're trying to accomplish, and the results you're seeing.

Regards,

steph

Level 2
Stephane

I am facing a similar issue with adobe workspace. I am trying to make livecycle workspace public over the internet. I am using Livcycle 8.0 SP2.

We are using appache as a forward proxy server that redirects the https requests to the adobe server. It is giving me errors from the proxy server.

----------------------------------------------------------------

An error occurred determining the locale.

Not Found

The requested URL /workspace-server/determine-locale was not found on this server.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.8d Server at 10.100.40.16 Port 443

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

Level 2
Waqas,

Reverse proxies are not supported in LiveCycle Workspace ES 8.0.1.x.

You said you use "Livcycle 8.0 SP2", which translates to LiveCycle 8.0.1.2.

Try contacting Adobe Support.

Level 2
I am using forward proxy to run the adobe livecycle workspace over the internet and it is giving me following error:

This document has accessed more than one site and might be trying to share data among different locations. This could be a privacy concern. Are you sure you want to continue.