Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Livecycle - Two Questions (Email and Embedding Docs)

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have two questions that I am hoping someone can educate me on:

1. I would like to design my forms so the end users can easily mail the documents to other folks within the company (they are using Reader). The form in question is a fill in form. I have inserted the Email Submit button within the form, however, when I fill in the fields and press the email button all is well until you open the PDF. It seems like the document is collecting the data within the fill in fields. I would like to be able to send the "entire" PDF form in tact via email (including static text. Is this possible and how do I accomplish this?

2. Embedding documents. Is it possible for an end user filling out this form (the one mentioned above) to embedded Word or Excel documents to the (within a text field) or other way? I am stumped as I cannot figuer it out.

Any help is much, much, much appreciated.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
1. Reader will not allow you to send more than just the data unless you reader extend the form.

2. Embedding documents is possible but again you will have to Reader Extend th eform to allow this.

Reader Extensions is a server based technology that turns on features in Reader for that form only. You apply the rights to the form through a web page and the resultant doc is a PDF that is Reader Extended. Once the user opens a Reader Extended PDF, the features you have activated will be usable inside of Reader (for that form only).