Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES update 1 - invoke DDX with generated PDF

Level 3
I've a process the receives an email (HTML Format) using the Receive operation of the EmailService.

I store the HTML body in the variable htmlDoc of type document.

In the next step I use the CreatePDF2 operation of the GeneratePDFService to convert the HTML body into PDF. The created document is stored in the variable pdfDoc of type document.

Finally I want to use the Invoke DDX operation of the AssemblerService to add some additional information to the PDF. But when I call the operation the exception below is thrown.

Where can I get the "provided" error messages.

[ALC-ASM-S00-002: Failed to execute the DDX - error messages provided.]

I used the same process at LiveCycle ES without any troubles.

ALC-DSC-005-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException: Not Serializable

Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:152)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.client.OperationException: ALC-ASM-S00-002: Failed to execute the DDX - error messages provided.

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.AssemblerServiceImpl.execute(AssemblerServiceImpl.java:483)

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.AssemblerServiceImpl.invokeDDX(AssemblerServiceImpl.java:296)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

... 123 more

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.idp.DocumentCache.getObject(DocumentCache.java:72)

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.SharedStore.hasDOM(SharedStore.java:291)

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.SharedStore.close(SharedStore.java:242)

at com.adobe.internal.pdfm.Document.close(Document.java:127)

at com.adobe.internal.ddxm.ddx.CollateralManager.close(CollateralManager.java:206)

at com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive.execute(Executive.java:317)

at com.adobe.internal.ddxm.Executive.execute(Executive.java:221)

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.AssemblerServiceImpl.execute(AssemblerServiceImpl.java:465)

... 129 more

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractResponseHolder.handleException(AbstractResponseHolder.java:136)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkBindingStubUtil.deSerializeResponse(SoapSdkBindingStubUtil.java:122)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:128)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.common.utils.invoke.InvokeWithProgressRunner.invokeServiceOperation(InvokeWithProgressRunner.java:170)

at com.adobe.common.utils.invoke.InvokeWithProgressRunner.run(InvokeWithProgressRunner.java:97)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
5 Replies

Level 3
Hello Michael,

I don't know the answer to the bug you are experiencing. But I was wondering if you are successful in using HTML as input to the method that you are using (CreatePDF2). I was thinking that it was necessary to use the method HtmltoPDF. I'd like to ,also,use the method(CreatePDF2) with Html documents if it works for that type. Please post any resolution or update.

Regards,

Jesse

Level 3
Hi Jesse,

thanks for your input.

I wondered as well, but I can use the WriteDocument operation of the FileUtilitiesService to save the document and I get a well-formed PDF.

I was not able to convert an HTML-string in an other way.

kind regards

Michael

Level 3
After some research I have found out, that I have to call the Document.passivate() method before invoking the AssemblerService using the executeScript operation.

I've no idea why invoking this method solves the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Former Community Member
Even I am getting the exception when trying to run the code...

I can share the code too if required...

The exception that I am getting is...

com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.client.OperationException: ALC-ASM-S00-002: Failed to execute the DDX - error messages provided.

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.AssemblerServiceImpl.execute(AssemblerServiceImpl.java:483)

at com.adobe.livecycle.assembler.AssemblerServiceImpl.invoke(AssemblerServiceImpl.java:408)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:342)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor596.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy285.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:132)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:48)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:115)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:118)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.invoke(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:315)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.ejb.receiver.EjbReceiverBean.invoke(EjbReceiverBean.java:156)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor478.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141)

at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)

at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:72)

at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:245)

at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644)

at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker$MBeanServerAction.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:805)

at org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker.invoke(JRMPInvoker.java:406)

at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)

at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: unexpected element (uri:"", local:"PDF"). Expected elements are <{http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/}DDX>

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarsh

Level 3
Looks like your DDX is malformed (unexpected element (uri:"", local:"PDF"). Expected elements are <{http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/}DDX>). It would be helpful if you post your DDX.

kind regards

Michael