Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES Remoting API for Flex documentation

Former Community Member
I've noticed there's not much in the docs about using flex + LiveCycle using Remoting. I see there's an API Reference for Java, and an API reference for WebServices. BUt there's none for Flex Remoting!!

I'd wish to know about classes and methods that are available via LiveCycle Remoting, but there seems to be no reference docs for it, just Java & WebServices. Any clues?

I'm using Flex 3 builder and a LiveCycle ES server.

Thanks for any info!!
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Roberto,

There is some information at http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_programming if you look at Invoking LiveCycle ES > Invoking Livecycle ES using Livecycle Remoting. In addition, there are a number of code snippets (Quick Starts)available under API Quick Starts. If you have access to the preview site, LiveCycle Update 1 has a significant number of Remoting Quick Starts that you might find useful.

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
It is recommended that you do not invoke LiveCycle ES services directly from a Flex or AIR client application.

As of LiveCycle ES 8.2, it is recommended that you create a process in Workbench ES and then invoke the process from Flex using Remoting. There are many examples in Programming with LiveCycle ES that shows how to invoke a process using Remoting.