Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle ES Database Initialization Failing with Bootstrapping error

Former Community Member
I did non-turnkey installation of LCES on windows XP and deployed the adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear on Jboss-4.0.2 app server. Also created databases called adobe and adobe_meta in MySql and grant all permissions to adobe user.

Then configured datasource as per deployment guide with jndi-name as IDP_DS and put the adobe-ds.xml file in server/all/deploy folder.

When I try to initialize the database using Configuration Manager, the following error occurs:

com.adobe.livecycle.bootstrap.BootstrapException: ALC-TTN-103-000: Bootstrapping request failed on server

ALC-TTN-002-001: JDBC datasource lookup failed for resource reference [java:comp/env/jdbc/

IdpDs]. The most likely cause is that a datasource having a JNDI

name of [IDP_DS] does not exist or is misconfigured. Check the application

server's configuration.

In server console it shows javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory exception.

I am getting LiveCycle Administration Login page but could not loging since database entries have not done yet.

If anybody could help me out of this issue that would be really appreciable.
1 Reply

Former Community Member
The issue with LiveCycle ES Database Initialization has been resolve and I am able to login to the administration console.

It was an issue with Jboss which was giving some parsing exception. When removed the option ( -Djava.endorsed.dirs=%JBOSS_HOME%/server/all/lib/endorsed ) from the run.bat script, the server started smothly enough to complete the deploy process

Thanks to all and I appreciate the support I got from the forum.

Cheers.