Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle ES and Windows Server 2008

Former Community Member
I was wondering if anyone has any experiences, known issues, feedback, etc. about running LiveCycle ES 8.2 on Windows Server 2008. Has anyone accomplished it successfully or determined that it is not yet possible? Were there any gotcha's I should know about? Am I better off sticking with 2003?

Thank you!

Ryan D. Lunka

Cardinal Solutions Group

rlunka@cardinalsolutions.com
7 Replies

Level 4
Even if you manage to get it to work, it won't be supported by Adobe.

Former Community Member
True, but I'm running Workbench and Designer with Vista. That also isn't officially supported, but I've yet to really have much of an issue with Adobe refusing to help. I really was just investigating this out of curiosity, to see if it's even possible. You never know when a customer we'll ask for that.

Level 2

Hey Ryan,

I tried to install LC ES 8.2.1 on Windows vista windows vista Home Premium 64-bit. it failed saying JBoss could not be started. But i can install LC Designer on windows vista Home Premium 64-bit.

I am wondering how did u install it.

Could you please provide me the steps for installtion to msandeep@yahoo.com.

I also found the below link for system requiremnets

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/pdfs/lces_update1_sysreqs.pdf

Thanks

Level 4

If you have trouble to install LC on some specific configuration, you can install it on another machine and than just copy. You need to register both Mysql and JBoss as windows service or you can start it manually.

The problem the installation was struggling in previous versions was the installer used some windows binary tool and expected exact strings to be reported. That of course failed on localized or unsupported versions of windows.

--- Jaroslav

Level 1

Are there any plans to support Windows Server 2008?

Level 4

Yes, it works well. I use it for half a year: process mgmt, 2D barcodes decoding, form data integration, forms, contentservices  ...

--- Jaroslav