Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Designer 8 Saving Dynamic Field Problem

Former Community Member
Just updated to LiveCycle Designer 8 to get around the issue with my users not being able to save the PDF form data. Now my users can save the data using Acrobat Reader 8 but my dynamic fields are not working correctly.

I have several fields that when you click a certain radio button or check a certain box, a previously invisible text field becomees visible. If one of those boxes is checked and data is entered in the now visible text field, then the users saves the form and reopens it, the data is saved but the field is invisible. Viewing the XML output confirms that the data is still there. When the form is reopened the checkbox that makes the field visible is still checked. But to see that data entered in the text field, you have to uncheck and then recheck the box to get the invisible field to become visible once more. Any idea on how to correct this "feature"?

Thanks, Debra
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Debra,

To correct this 'feature', go in Form Properties > Defaults tab, set the Preserve Scripting Changes To Form When Saved option to Automatically.

To correctly using Designer 7.x, youll have to write some script to achieve the same result. Currently, you have a script setting the fields state. All you need is to run the same script when the form is opened. In the example below, a form:ready script will execute the change event script when the form is opened. You can use the docReady event as well.

For example:

RadioButtonList: change event

if (this.rawValue == "1")

TextField1.presence = "visible";

else

TextField1.presence = "invisible";

RadioButtonList: form:ready event

this.execEvent("change");

Hope this helps,

Hélène

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
That was the ticket! Thanks for your help. That was much easier than I feared!!