Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Designer 8.0 Table Header bug

Former Community Member
My dynamic form (8.0 dynamic XML form) has strange behavior with table headers.

When rows are dynamically added to the table to make the table expand to a third page, the table headers become unstable. Once the table expands to the third page, if a row is added or removed, a new table header is added to the second page so the second page ends up having extra table headers.

I have been using LiveCycle Designer 8.0 that came with Acrobat Professional 8.0.
I have been using the Purchase Order.pdf, that came with Designer 8.0, as an example to create tables that can have rows added or removed dynamically. I checked the Purchase Order.pdf (8.0), and it also has the same buggy, table-header behavior.

I then downloaded Acrobat Professional 9.0 which comes with LiveCycle Designer 8.2 and checked the Purchase Order.pdf that came with it.
The Purchase Order.pdf (8.2) works correctly.

I then compared the timestamps of the Purchase Order.pdf (8.0) and Purchase Order.pdf (8.2) and their XML source.
The timestamps are different, Purchase Order.pdf (8.0) -10/17/2006 11:16 PM, Purchase Order.pdf (8.2) -5/23/2008 1:16 AM.

The main difference in the XML source between the two versions is their
Overflow-related tag.
The Purchase Order.pdf (8.0) has
The Purchase Order.pdf (8.2) has .

I dont know about Designer 8.1, but the table-header bug is definitely fixed in Designer 8.2.

Could someone please tell me what I need to install to fix this bug? Is there a service pack for Designer 8.0 or do I have to install Designer 8.2?

I have seen workarounds for this bug in the forum, but creating a master page containing the table header for each table in the form seems to be an excessive hack.

Thanks,
Mike
1 Reply

Former Community Member
There is no patch .....if it is fixed in 8.2 then you will have to use that.