Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle crashes when I try to open PDF-form

Former Community Member
Adobe Live Cycle Designer ES (versio 8.2.1.3144.1.471.865) Finnish language version crashes down always I try to open PDF-form or PDF-file. It happens also when star new form. Designer worked well some days but not anymore. I have uninstalled Acrobat and installed it again and rebooted computer many times. I have an other workstation Designer 7, and I opened one form made for Designer ES, and it worked well.

I am using Windows XP SP2 Finnish language version.

Windows error tool gives messages:

AppName: formdesigner.exe

AppVer: 8.2.1.3144 ModName: formdesigner.exe

ModVer: 8.2.1.3144 Offset: 000a50cb

Workstation is HP Compaq 6019p, memory 2 GB.

What can I do.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
There is a Designer directory in this location that needs to be deleted:

C:\Documents and Settings\logged in username\Application Data\Adobe\Designer\8.2

Delete this direcory and try again.

There is also another issue reported if you are using SQLServer version 8 on th esame machine as Designer where there is a DLL conflict. This is being looked into and there is no solution for this one yet!

Not sure which issue you are experiencing.

Former Community Member
I deleted the directory and it helps. Many thanks!

Former Community Member
Deleting the 8.2 directory worked like a charm

Former Community Member
I have Vista and I canot find the directory mentioned any idea how is it called on Vista? Same crash problem on 2 PC when I try to open a PDF file form to modify it or I want to produce a new form with or without templates. With Acrobat Version 8 it was working fine.