Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle Crashes Continuously

Former Community Member
LiveCycle continues to crash when I rename Text Fields/modify the Text. I haven't been able to replicate it with other controls.

I've been able to save most of my work by continuing to save after EACH change, but when the program restarts all of the toolbars have been reset (an additional irritation).

Naturally, I can't talk to tech support as this was a corporate installation and I don't have a Serial #.

Thanks,

Smitty
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the problem. Are you using LC Designer?Because it is a corporate installation, your corporate should have a support agreement with Adobe. I suggest you ask your manager/colleagues about this. It is important to have a support agreement for software you use in your work.

Former Community Member
Thanks Daniel,

Yup, LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2

I was able to get the product code from my IS dept, so if I keep having the problem I'll get in touch with Adobe Tech Support directly.

Funny, on the same forms I couldn't recreate the problem on my home laptop.

It could just be further validation that my work laptop is a piece of $*&%.

Smitty

Former Community Member
The following procedure has helped me on an older version of Designer, not sure if it's going to work for you though:<br /><br />1) uninstall your Designer<br /><br />2) remove everything (or as much as you can) in the following folders:<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Application Data\Adobe\Designer<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat<br /><br />C:\Documents and Settings\<your ID>\Local Settings\Temp<br /><br />3) reinstall Designer<br /><br />hope this helps

Former Community Member
Thanks James,

If it comes to that I'll have to have my IS dept give it a shot, because our user rights are locked down tighter than a virgin in a convent. ;)

Smitty