Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle 7 Dynamic Form

Former Community Member
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to LiveCycle, and I'm hoping I get some help here.

What I am hoping to achieve is to populate a PDF form with simple data from either an Excel sheet or a Word table. Each row in the table will populate a PDF template (If thats the right term for it)and save the template as a PDF file.

I have some knowledge of Javascripting as well if this is needed for accomplishing the above.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely

Norbert
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Guessing I am not going to have any help from this forum.

1. Unlike the other forums out there (including other forums at Adobe), from my experience, on this forum no one will even bother telling me if this has been answered or not or possible or not.

2. There is no one spot for where you can find Live Cycle help.

3. I've seen forums with a sticky at the top saying where to begin for people like me. There are stickies at the top yes. But if you read them the "Experts" are wingeing at the newbies questions.

Hopefully someone at Adobe is reading this because I am a newbie looking for a hopefully simple solution and only needs to know if things are possible and then will study the program in detail if proper documentation exists. Maybe I will be a die hard fan of Live Cycle one day.

Can someone guide me to a basics forum or documentaion?

In frustration

Norbert

Level 7
There is whole anchored post with links to very helpful sites at the top of this forum:

Need more info on LiveCycle Designer? Check out these sites... (29 messages; 9/16/08)

and the link is:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc14efe/28

Former Community Member
Hi Geo,<br /><br />Thanks for the reply. I've been to the link earlier and didn't find the answer to my post (Unless I somehow missed it). Only then did I do a post.<br /><br />In fact I've been seeing that there has been similar posts but they've not been answered as well. <Sigh><br /><br />1. Do you know if what I am hoping to achieve is possible or not?<br />2. Is there any documentation for this?<br /><br />I am a willing leaner and I am not expecting handouts from anyone on this forum but a bit of steering would help. Isn;t that what this forum is all about?<br /><br />Regards<br />Norbert