Expand my Community achievements bar.

live Cycle Reader Extension

Former Community Member
I need clarification on reader extension.

Is this required on top of Acrobat reader 9

I get the impression if you want a form to have the capability

of being filled out by the recipient of the form that only has the reader

They must have this extension if they want the ability to save or email return the form other wise they have to print the form out. If this is the case that basic concept of the live cycle is useless and its not what I bought it for.

Can someone please give guidance on this and where I can find these extension if required
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Acrobat 9 (not Reader) has the ability to turn on additional functionality on a form by form basis. The Form that is created must be Reader Extended for this to occur. Reader Extensions can be applied in one of two ways.

1. Acrobat 9 can Reader extend the form giving you saveAs and digital signing capabilities

2. LiveCycle Reader Extensions Server can do the things mentioned in number 1 plus abouot 10 additional things

Former Community Member
How to Enable Reader users to save form data (READER EXTEND):

Ordinarily, Reader users cant save filled-in copies of forms that they complete. However, you can extend rights to Reader users so they have the ability to do so. These extended rights also include the ability to add comments, use the Typewriter tool, and digitally sign the PDF.

FROM ACROBAT PRO

Open a single PDF, or select one or more PDFs in a PDF Portfolio.

Choose Advanced > Extend Features In Adobe Reader.

These extended privileges are limited to the current PDF. When you create a different PDF form, you must perform this task again if you want to enable Reader users to save their own filled-in copies of that PDF.