Expand my Community achievements bar.

Linux SP2 Install Error - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Level 2
Following the instructions from the readme...<br /><br />I run the install script "x86_linux_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin" and the receive:<br /><br />Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError<br /> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)<br /> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)<br /> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:84)<br /> at com.installshield.boot.streamhandler.ZipURLConnection.getZipFile(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.installshield.boot.streamhandler.ZipURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)<br /> at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)<br /> at com.installshield.boot.BootMain.boot(Unknown Source)<br /> at run.main(Unknown Source)<br /><br />Any ideas?
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you check the MD to make sure the download was successful?

Level 2
MD5 matches. I was reading on another thread this could be possibly due to Java itself - is anyone else experiencing problems with version 1.5.0_17?

Former Community Member
I am having this error also when trying install on a Solaris 10 server.<br />The installer gathers all information (licenses, install directory, etc.) and then appears to try and start the install. But instead it<br />just hangs there doing nothing. <br /><br />The entire install log looks like this:<br />lces@dfsap31: $ cat adobe_lc8.2_server_install.log<br />(Mar 10, 2009 11:27:46 PM), Install, com.installshield.livecycle8.event.dialog.console.PanelWelcomeConsoleImpl, msg1, Welcome dialog displayed<br />(Mar 10, 2009 11:30:07 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext, err, java.lang.OutOfMemoryError<br />STACK_TRACE: 11<br />java.lang.OutOfMemoryError<br /> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)<br /> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)<br /> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:234)<br /> at com.installshield.boot.AssemblyInf.createAssemblyInf(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.installshield.boot.SetupCache.getAssemblyMediaInfo(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalWizardServicesManager.getWizardServices(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalWizardServices.getWizardServices(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.installshield.product.wizardbeans.ResolveSuiteProductProperties.execute(Unknown Source)<br /> at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(Unknown Source)<br /><br />(Mar 10, 2009 11:30:10 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.InstallCheckWizardBeanCondition, err, ServiceException: (error code = 200; severity = 0; exception = [java.lang.OutOfMemoryError])<br />(Mar 10, 2009 11:30:10 PM), Install, com.installshield.wizardx.conditions.InstallCheckWizardBeanCondition, err, ServiceException: (error code = 200; severity = 0; exception = [java.lang.OutOfMemoryError])<br />(Mar 10, 2009 11:30:10 PM), Install, com.installshield.livecycle8.event.dialog.console.PanelPreInstallSummaryConsoleImpl, msg1, Pre-install summary dialog displayed<br />(Mar 10, 2009 11:30:10 PM), Install, com.installshield.livecycle8.event.dialog.console.PanelPreInstallSummaryConsoleImpl, msg1, fileset is intended for Solaris<br /><br />Our java version is:<br />java version "1.5.0_16"<br /><br />Has anyone found a solution/work-around?<br />Thanks!

Former Community Member
Philip,

As John Y. mentioned there is a known issue with the Sun JDK.

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4705373

The solution may require the use of another JDK. I am awaiting feedback on a solution also.

Steve

Former Community Member
Suppose installer launching file x86_linux_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin is in /8.2.1.2 then instead of launching it by going into the directory and firing using command /x86_linux_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin, try to fire the script using absolute path from root directory / i.e. fire from / directory the command /8.2.1.2/ x86_linux_adobe_livecycle_8_2_patch.bin

Level 2
Has anyone tried Java 1.5.0 Update 18 yet?

Former Community Member

Hi,

Did someone found a solution to this problem ?

I have exactly the same issue as Philip_Jarvis... Trying different parameters found in the install .bin didn't solved the issue...

BR,

Phil

Former Community Member

Tried also to modify the JVM parameters from the shell by (for example):

export JAVA_ARGS="-Xms256m -Xmx1792m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

also didn't solved the issue.

Phil

SOLVED:

---------------

Modified the Sun JVM parameters from the shell by:

export JAVA_ARGS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"