Expand my Community achievements bar.

Link to picture

Former Community Member
I have an order form that I created in LiveCycle that has a dataconnection to an excel xml spreadsheet. I have the form expanding with the xml file to access about 50 items that the user will be able to "order". I would like to create a link so that the user can click on the item number (hyperlink) to a picture of the product. All of this is for a catalog we will have on a DVD, so the user will have all of the pictures on the DVD along with the order forms. I've noticed that I can't add the link once the dataconnection is made, which I'll need to do since that is the only time all of the product numbers are shown. Am I dreaming or is there a way?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You cannot programmatically grab a dynamic image for the user. The user can pick an image through a file selection dialog but that is it. Your options are to have all of the pictures embedded in the form to begin with and make the one the user wants visible or get the image via a dataconnection (like a DB lookup or Web Service call).

The functionality you are asking for was available previous to version 8 and was change in 8 because it was deemed to be a security risk that your program could obtain content without the users knowledge.

Former Community Member
Is there a way to embed the picture in the form after I've imported the data as a new pdf file? I still couldn't find a way to hyperlink to a pic file within livecycle.

Former Community Member
If the picture data is part of the data file then you could bind the picture node (in the data) to the picture field. The data woudl have to be base64 encoded in the data file.