Expand my Community achievements bar.

LifeCycle Deisgner: How do I make text fields only visible when the page overflows to the next

Level 2
Hello!

1. I am in the process of designing an electronic statement,(populated with relevant and varying data from ERP solution) which requires, by law, the words "Balanced Carried Forward" and a total for the page at the bottom of the first page IF, and only if, the document overflows onto the next page. The words "Balance Brought Forward" also must appear on the following page, in the header.

2. While I am already struggling with the above mentioned, I also need to sum all fields up to that point in this field - it acts as a running total throughout the document.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
This can be done but it will take a fair anount of code to accomplish it. Are you familiar with javascript and using the xfa model in forms?

Level 2
Thanks for the prompt response, Paul!

To answer you in a word...No - BUT, I do have access to resources who are familiar and have said they will assist me if you guide me.

Former Community Member
It might be easier if you posted your file and I will create a sample from that (just to give you the general idea). Then you can have your people modify it as you see fit.

Just post your email address and I will respond to that.

Level 2
Thanks Paul!

Please contact me at:

(replace * with @)

zoefisher*vodamail.co.za