Expand my Community achievements bar.

LDAP group settings

Former Community Member
I successed to integrate livecycle with ldap. I can see all users and groups. However, I cant see the members of the groups have. What should I write into the "member dn" field inside the groups settings(livecycle administration)?

I wrote the users base dn, but it didnt work.
8 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi

Can you help out in integrating LDAP with Livecycle?I am able to connect to LDAP through other clients like softeera browser. But ecverytime I try connecting it with livecycle. I get this message "unable to cnnect to server".

thanks

ranjanjha@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi,

Sorry but I didn't make all the settings myself, so I can't help from the beginning. If you entered server ip, port(=389), ssl('no' is chosen on our server), user name and password correctly, it should connect at least. For user and group settings you enter ldap parameters(like displayname,mail,etc.).

Level 9
Also, bear in mind that you usually run Softerra on your local machine, but LDAP synchronization runs from the server. The server may be firewalled and not able to connect to the LDAP server?

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Any news about the original issue?

We have the same problem: users and groups successufully synchronize, but not the group member....

Any hint is welcome.

Former Community Member
Anyone cracked this? I have individual LDAP users working but I can't authenticate group members.

Level 3
If you can see the LDAP Structure, go take a look at your group. I suggest using Softerra's LDAP Browser, very handy, and free.

Go and take a look at a group, in Softerra, or elsewhere and see how it lists the members of the group inside there. In my case it simply uses 'member' This is what you put in for the member dn.

Former Community Member

Thanks rveldpau, that worked for me !

I'm using AdExplorer btw.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Community Member
Robert,

I am using Softerra and also the excellent LDAPEditor product.

My problem might be that I'm using OpenLDAP which is unsupported. This is Adobe Policy Server btw. Individual users work great, groups do not.