Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LCES 8.2 Installation Hangs

Former Community Member
All

When attempting to install LCES 8.2 on a VMWare machine, the installation hangs at the screen where you select whether you would like to do a Turnkey or a Manual installation. I have checked the log file and while on this screen, it properly logs whenever I select one of the two installation options yet when I click "Next" it does nothing. After clicking "Next", the wizard just sits on this screen with nothing written to the log file while seeming taking no action. Clicking "Back" or "Cancel" yields the same result as the wizard just sits there.

Has anyone encountered this before and, if so, how did you resolve it? I have already installed Acrobat 9.0, JDK 1.5, Microsoft Office (for PDFG) and the most recent Flash player. I have plenty of available space remaining on the partition and I have allocated 2.5GB of RAM for the machine.
1 Reply

Level 2
Yes, I had the same thing, exactly at the screen you described, when a was trying to install an additional component (Output ES) to an existing LCES 8.2 install. I haved uninstalled everything of adobe and removed everything that has to do with adobe, not only the install folder but also c:\program files\common files\adobe, c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\adobe, c:\documents and settings\user\local settings\temp\(LRE*, ismp*).

I did a new install and everything went fine.

Good luck!