Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

LC 8 submit to URL URL-encoded http post variables without ampersand

Not applicable
Hello,

When I try to submit to a URL a form using LiveCycle Designer 8 using the UTF-8 encoding, the raw post variables look like this:

text9=TextField1=test1TextField2=test2TextField3=%c2%a0test3TextField4=%c2%a0TextField5=%c2%a0TextField6=%c2%a0TextField7=%c2%a0TextField8=%c2%a0TextField1=test1TextField2=test2TextField3=Â test3TextField4=Â TextField5=Â TextField6=Â TextField7=Â TextField8=Â

in other words, it's missing the ampersand between each of the variables, therefore, it is not splitting the vars up correctly when I try to access them with PHP

Anybody else have this problem? I am running Apache Apache/1.3.34 on Windows 2003 server.

Thanks.
7 Replies

Not applicable
Yeah I do, but have no answer, yet.

I think it's a LiveCycle Bug

Not applicable
I'm finding it seems to be an acrobat 8 issue.

Try uninstalling 8 if you have it & try 7 & see if the same error occurs.

Not applicable
I get the same problem with LC8, has anyone an work around to this issue ?

Not applicable
I have the exact same issue. If you find the answer let me know. I am using a dot net application to fill out forms created in LC8. Some PCs with acrobat 8 work OK some do not. Acrobat 9 reader works correctly all the time.

Not applicable
Looks like a Live Cycle 8 error. I created a form using Live Cycle 8 and it failed. I created a form using just Acrobat 8 and it works as expected.

Not applicable
Problem actually exists in the reader. Acrobat 8 (and 7?) appear to have a bug that only comes into play when processing forms created by Live Cycle. Forms created in acrobat professional work OK.

Apply your reader patches and everything will work well.