Expand my Community achievements bar.

Launching form from intranet portal and chaining workflow

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have gathered some information in this forums regarding the initiation of the workflow by email.

For that i have two workflows wherein the first workflow runs a cyclic process for receiving emails and a chained process QPAC to intiiate the main workflow.

Now the problem is, I have to open and submit a form portal inside my organisation and when the form is submitted, i am using an email variable to store the email address from where it is initiated. i am mapping the email variable from this workflow to the main workflow in the chained process QPAC. I have given the XPath for the email variable in "From" of the output section i nemail receiver Qpac. But this is always returning a null value and the main workflow is getting stalled due to null pointer exception(as it is not storing the email address in the variable).

Is there any other way to get the email address of the initiator who submits the form when the email receiver Qpac receives the email??

If yes where should i use a variable to store it.?

Please let me know a feasible solution for this.

Regards,

Raghava Kumar VSS
1 Reply

Level 9
Try using the VariableLogger QPAC to find out what the values are before you call the Chain QPAC.

Also, start by using the EmailReceiver in just a regular workflow, rather than one that loops. Start by keeping it very simple, try one qpac at a time, use variable logger to make sure you have the variables you want, then go to the next step.

Download variable logger here:

http://www.avoka.com/avoka/qpac_library.shtml

If you send a screenshot and an export of your process to info@avoka.com, we'll take a quick look to see if we can see anythying obviously wrong.

Howard