Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

know bug in livecycle

Level 2

I just realized that the known bug in live cycle is creating unnecessary lines of code to my form.  I don't have the ability to update to the most recent live cycle.  Is there any way to fix it without?  Has anyone created a macro or something to remove all the extra lines?  So far I have deleted a few hundred thousand occurrences of  <?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?> and still going.  Also afraid I am going to delete something I shouldn't.

8 Replies

Level 10

It seems your using Designer 8.

There was a patch for the bug.

Update for LiveCycle Designer 8.2 | Adobe LiveCycle Blog

You should be able to download it here:

Adobe - Enterprise products - Support downloads

Level 2

For some reason when I try to download the fix and update it is telling me I am running an incompatible version?  I am currently running 8.2.1 and downloaded the fix for that version (adobe_livecycle_8_2_qf)?  Suggestions?

Level 10

I think you'll have to install LiveCycle ES Update 1 Designer Service Pack 2 instead.

Level 2

That update did not work either.  It keeps saying that I am trying to update an unknown version?  I don't have admin rights on my computer because I work for the gov so it is really hard to troubleshoot why?  Suggestions other than the update?  I guess I will just have to delete all the extra the hard way.

Level 10

You can debug your forms manually.

Therefore you have to save your forms as XDP format instead of PDF.

When you encounter the bug you open the XDP file with a text editor (don't use Wordpad!).

Most editors have a find and replace function biuld in you can open with the key combination Ctrl + H.

Use this function to replace all occurences for "<?templateDesigner StyleID aped3?>" with nothing.

Save the changes at the XDP file, open in with Designer and then save your form as PDF.

Level 10

Ok fine.

If found a few downloads at Adobe's FTP server that might be useful for you.

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/livecycle/designer82/

Level 2

Can you answer another outstanding question?  I have this code and it works but it is not calculating over 24hr.  I then tried the second code from a post you referred me to but then the formatting was off.  I need it to display in HHMMSS and it was displaying in decimal minutes.  I can't get both to work together.  I need to calculate time and it might be over 24hrs.  Do I have to incorporate the date field?  Right now I have them separate and would prefer to keep that way.  I can send the form if it would be easier.  Thanks!!!

if (HasValue(startsamplingtime) and HasValue(endsamplingtime)) then

var millisecondsPerMinute = 1000 * 60;

var millisecondsPerHour = millisecondsPerMinute * 60;

var interval = Time2Num(endsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS") - Time2Num(startsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS");

// Calculate the hours, minutes, and seconds.

var hours = Floor(interval / millisecondsPerHour );

interval = interval - (hours * millisecondsPerHour );

var minutes = Floor(interval / millisecondsPerMinute );

interval = interval - (minutes * millisecondsPerMinute );

var seconds = Floor(interval / 1000 );

Concat( Format("Z9", hours), ":", Format("99",minutes), ":", Format("99", seconds))

endif

if (HasValue(startsamplingtime) and HasValue(endsamplingtime)) then

calcsoaktime = Abs(Time2Num(endsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS") - Time2Num(startsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS"))/(60*60*1000);

else calcsoaktime = 24 - Abs(Time2Num(endsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS") - Time2Num(startsamplingtime.formattedValue, "HH:MM:SS"))/(60*60*1000);

endif