Invoice created. How to edit once and then lock it from being edited?

20-11-2008

Hello,

I just started using LiveCycle the other day when I purchased CS4.

I created a custom invoice for my billing using text fields and numeric fields. This works fine and it looks good.

When I create a PDF from LiveCycle it has the fields that I can input my amounts into, text, and so forth.

How do I, once I edit the PDF lock it so that the clients I am sending the invoice to, can not edit it but only print it? I see this functionality only within LiveCycle itself, requiring a password to edit, however I would prefer to just edit the PDF myself (since I am the only one doing the billing) and then just lock it somehow rather than putting in a password each time.

Any ideas? I couldn't seem to find what I wanted here or in the help files.

Thanks

Replies

Thomas_McConnac

Thomas_McConnac

Thomas_McConnac

21-11-2008

You can do this by using the signature field and in the Object > Signature tab there is a check box called "Lock Fields After Signing". I don't know how to do this outside of the signature though.

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

24-11-2008

There is code you can write to lock down all objects on the form. If you post your email address I will send you a sample.

_Ajay_Yada_

_Ajay_Yada_

_Ajay_Yada_

24-11-2008

Hi Paul! my email id would be ajay.yada@gmail.com, can u send me the smaple...??

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

25-11-2008

Just sent it

Remluf_1

Remluf_1

Remluf_1

05-12-2008

Paul,

I would very much appreciate this sample code, if possible. Thanks.

dfulmer AT cox DOT net

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

05-12-2008

Just sent it

pguerett

pguerett

pguerett

05-12-2008

Just sent it

_Bill_Bain_

_Bill_Bain_

_Bill_Bain_

05-12-2008

A related topic. I've been using a script that Paul provided that, among other things, makes all the fields read-only on a contract-type document when the receiver opens the docuemnt to prevent changes to the field values. Recently, an unscruplulous customer used Acrobat to modfy the text-portions of the document and changed the terms of the deal without informing us that they had done so. Since folks were relying on a pdf as a "secure" document that would be difficult to edit, the contract changes weren't caught until the last minute. The customer indicated it was deliberately an attempt to make changes they hoped we'd not catch. So . . .

Is there a way after setting the fields to read-only when the receiver opens the document to programmaticlaly lock the entire document so all the receiver can do is print it out?

We "fired" the customer . . . .