Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

invisible objects only allowed in dynamic forms?

Former Community Member
I have read several times "To hide and show objects at runtime, you must save your form as a dynamic PDF". Yet one of the examples on the LiveCycle Developer Center website demonstrating invisibilty appears to be saved as a static PDF:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/livecycle/designer/pdfs/ChangingVisualObjectProperties...

Is this "dynamic PDF" simply a recommendation? Can I get away with leaving my form as static? If I must save as dynamic, will anything on my form change?

(using Designer 8 Pro)
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I downloaded this PDF and opened it in LC Designer 7.1, selected "Save As" and it showed that it was previously saved as a dynamic PDF. What makes you think otherwise?

If you need to redraw your form (which you need to do to make things appear or disappear from the default display of the form) you will need to save it as a dynamic PDF if you want the redraw to happen on the client side.

Former Community Member
When I opened the PDF in Designer and looked at Form Properties, on the Defaults tab I saw Acrobat 7 (Static) PDF Form. I took it to mean that the file was Static. I guess that has nothing to do with the document that is currently open despite being in Form Properties.

I see that under the Compatibility tab, it lists Form Type: Acrobat 7 (Dynamic). I guess that is where I tell how the form is saved.

So if I create a static form and then save it as a dynamic form (just to perform the invisibility trick on one object), nothing is really going to change on the rest of my form?