Expand my Community achievements bar.

Invalid Credentials

Former Community Member
While installing Live Cycle ES 8.0, on the "Native applications support for Microsoft Office" screen I specify the Account under which MS Office was installed (which is a local admin account) and its password - I then click "Next" and receive an "Invalid Credentials" message stating that the account and password combination that I provided is invalid. The account and pwd are, however, valid and the account is definitely the one I installed MS Office using.
10 Replies

Former Community Member
As it seems, there could be a problem with the latest turnkey installer on Windows XP. I have experienced the same while trying to install LifeCycle on Windows XP while the same installer worked flawlessly on Windows Server 2003.

Former Community Member

Obviously, this problem is not fixed yet. I had exactly the same behaviour today: Turnkey installation on Windows XP (SP3) does not accept the user / password, Windows Server 2003 works.

Does anybody have a clue as to how to work around this on XP?

TIA

Guido

Former Community Member

Try including the computer name or the domain name with the user id. For example, my computer is called "hal" so I would use "hal/steve".

Former Community Member

I did include the computer name as in your example (otherwise, the installer

would complain). I did everythin exactly the same on XP as an Windows Server,

but on XP I could not get past that point.

Thanks for answering

Guido

Former Community Member

1) Any special characters in the user name or password?

2) The third piece of the puzzle are the credentials that installed Acrobat. The credentials for JBoss, MS Office, and Acrobat must all match. HOWEVER, I am not sure if this impacts the installer.

Former Community Member

Hi Steve

Steve L Walker schrieb:

1) Any special characters in the user name or password?

No, just characters and numbers. Even for these, I used the same on

XP and Windows Server.

2) The third piece of the puzzle are the credentials that installed Acrobat. The credentials for JBoss, MS Office, and Acrobat must all match. HOWEVER, I am not sure if this impacts the installer.

Yes, they were the same. I tried the whole install process with the

default admin account, and when that failed I created another account

with admin rights (including "Logon as Service") and tried again from

scratch.

FWIW, I found another message in this forum saying that it does not have

to be the same account, it is only a matter of the correct rights (see

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1365084#1365084).

I did launch Office and Acrobat before installing LiveCycle, just like

it is mentioned in that thread.

Regards

Guido

Level 1

Is there any official response to this? I am running into this same issue repeatedly and have even tried installing everything on a clean Windows XP Pro OS.

As a workaround, is there a way to not choose the native applicaiton option during installation but be able to configure it later?

Former Community Member

No, there is no "official" reaction, only this thread. But I did not make

a call to support for this, as XP is only supported in test environments

anyway.

As to your second question: I don't know. I imagine there should be a way to

set it up later, but I'm not sure.

Guido

vastav99 schrieb:

Is there any official response to this? I am running into this same issue repeatedly and have even tried installing everything on a clean Windows XP Pro OS.

As a workaround, is there a way to not choose the native applicaiton option during installation but be able to configure it later?

>

Former Community Member

Are you certain that the Administrator credentials used to install MS Office, Acrobat, and LiveCycle ES are the same?

You have to had installed Acrobat while logged in as the same user that installed MS Office and these same credentials must be entered during the PDFG install.

If the PDFG install is holding up the entire LiveCycle ES install, deselect PDFG from the install and come back to it once you have verified the credentials.

Steve

Former Community Member

Steve L Walker schrieb:

Are you certain that the Administrator credentials used to install MS Office, Acrobat, and LiveCycle ES are the same?

Yes, I am. I tried the installation on a fresh XP Professional system,

and there was only the one admin user.

You have to had installed Acrobat while logged in as the same user that installed MS Office and these same credentials must be entered during the PDFG install.

If the PDFG install is holding up the entire LiveCycle ES install, deselect PDFG from the install and come back to it once you have verified the credentials.

OK, I will give it a try and report the results.

Steve

Guido

>