Highlighted

Import LCA error

_jerome_dinnat_

06-08-2008

Hi,

I try to import my lca files but for most of them (the biggest lca), I have this error :

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence

Tell me there is a way to import my lca otherwise I have lost 3 months of work 😞

Please help me.

Edit: An other question , if Acrobat pro 9 is uninstall, does it uninstall Livecycle ES and Jboss to ?

Replies

Highlighted

_jerome_dinnat_

06-08-2008

Lca files are binary files right ?

Does it make sense to you to read it with a java application, transform it into a string, change the character who make problems and retransform it into a binary .lca ?

Could it be a solution ?

Edit: I see it's a bad solution because I don't know how it is coding 😞
Highlighted

Stephane_Gervai

06-08-2008

Hi Jerome,

I suspect the problem is not with the LCA file itself, but with one of the files contained within the LCA file (which is a zip file today, although there are no guarantees that won't change in the future).

Is there more to the error you are seeing? A stack trace perhaps?

I think it's probably an error in the file encoding of the application.xml file contained within the LCA. The server expects a specific encoding, but the file is really encoded with another encoding.

What OS? OS locale settings?

Let's start with that.
Highlighted

_jerome_dinnat_

06-08-2008

Hi, I think there is "accent" , I don't know if there is a English translation for that word, in one or some properties name of services I use.

And so the xml can't be decoded.

I work with windows XP Professional, Livecycle Jboss 4 turnkey installation, mysql.

What appends is that this morning when I came to the office, Livecycle Es was uninstall. I don't know by whom. I reinstall it and import my LCA. A few of them work. But the biggest Archive doesn't work.

You tell me LCA files are Zip File. I try to open it with zipgenius but it doesn't work.

Do you know where the process are save by Livecycle ?

If I know that information, perhaps could I retrieve the deleted process with a software and copy them into the right place.

Here is what it is in the server.log :

GRAVE: OrchestrationImportExportHandler:previewApplicationComponent:Exception:org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

2008-08-06 12:32:20,340 INFO [STDOUT] 6 août 2008 12:32:20 com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction execute

GRAVE: Application Administration Console: Erreur lors de l'aperçu de l'archive : org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.AacException: Erreur lors de l'aperçu de l'archive : org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.PreviewArchiveAction.execute(PreviewArchiveAction.java:188)

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction.execute(CommandProcessorAction.java:222)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.AacServletFilter.doFilter(AacServletFilter.java:98)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.adobe.framework.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:205)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at com.adobe.framework.SessionBundleFilter.doFilter(SessionBundleFilter.java:135)

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:76)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Thanks you for helping me.
Highlighted

Stephane_Gervai

06-08-2008

If the LCA cannot be opened by your favorite zip program, I'd start to worry ... try another zip utility maybe? Rename a copy of the lca file to your-file.lca.zip and try opening that ...

A few more questions:

- How big is the problematic LCA file?
Highlighted
Highlighted

_jerome_dinnat_

06-08-2008

I open the Lca Archive with winrar.

I've got a xml file (application), my pdfs and the process File.

I open the process file I suppose doesn't work with note pad.

I replace all 'é' by 'e'.

I create an archive with all the file with the LCA extension with winrar and try to import it into livecycle.

I've got this error :

Error on archive preview : C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ArchiveStore\153\application.xml (Specified file is unreachable)
Highlighted

Stephane_Gervai

06-08-2008

Going along with this ... in your new archive, what is the path of the application.xml file? Is it really in the root of the archive?
Highlighted

_jerome_dinnat_

07-08-2008

Yes, I think. I extract the ProcessA into a folder. Modify the File I think was wrong, don't touch the other one and recompress all to a new ProcessA.

Do you want I sent you my old and my new archive ?

Otherwise I recreate my first process without any accent, create a LiveCycle Archive of it but still can't import it in LiveCycle.

Therefore I don't know what is wrong with my archive.
Highlighted

Stephane_Gervai

07-08-2008

You can send me your archives at livecycle57 at gmail dot com. I'll take a peek. Also, try to find out the file and system encodings used by your appserver.