Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Import LCA error

Former Community Member
Hi,

I try to import my lca files but for most of them (the biggest lca), I have this error :

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence

Tell me there is a way to import my lca otherwise I have lost 3 months of work :(

Please help me.

Edit: An other question , if Acrobat pro 9 is uninstall, does it uninstall Livecycle ES and Jboss to ?
12 Replies

Former Community Member
Lca files are binary files right ?

Does it make sense to you to read it with a java application, transform it into a string, change the character who make problems and retransform it into a binary .lca ?

Could it be a solution ?

Edit: I see it's a bad solution because I don't know how it is coding :(

Level 2
Hi Jerome,

I suspect the problem is not with the LCA file itself, but with one of the files contained within the LCA file (which is a zip file today, although there are no guarantees that won't change in the future).

Is there more to the error you are seeing? A stack trace perhaps?

I think it's probably an error in the file encoding of the application.xml file contained within the LCA. The server expects a specific encoding, but the file is really encoded with another encoding.

What OS? OS locale settings?

Let's start with that.

Former Community Member
Hi, I think there is "accent" , I don't know if there is a English translation for that word, in one or some properties name of services I use.

And so the xml can't be decoded.

I work with windows XP Professional, Livecycle Jboss 4 turnkey installation, mysql.

What appends is that this morning when I came to the office, Livecycle Es was uninstall. I don't know by whom. I reinstall it and import my LCA. A few of them work. But the biggest Archive doesn't work.

You tell me LCA files are Zip File. I try to open it with zipgenius but it doesn't work.

Do you know where the process are save by Livecycle ?

If I know that information, perhaps could I retrieve the deleted process with a software and copy them into the right place.

Here is what it is in the server.log :

GRAVE: OrchestrationImportExportHandler:previewApplicationComponent:Exception:org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

2008-08-06 12:32:20,340 INFO [STDOUT] 6 août 2008 12:32:20 com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction execute

GRAVE: Application Administration Console: Erreur lors de l'aperçu de l'archive : org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.AacException: Erreur lors de l'aperçu de l'archive : org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.PreviewArchiveAction.execute(PreviewArchiveAction.java:188)

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction.execute(CommandProcessorAction.java:222)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)

at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)

at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.AacServletFilter.doFilter(AacServletFilter.java:98)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at com.adobe.framework.SecurityFilter.doFilter(SecurityFilter.java:205)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)

at com.adobe.framework.SessionBundleFilter.doFilter(SessionBundleFilter.java:135)

at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:76)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Thanks you for helping me.

Level 2
If the LCA cannot be opened by your favorite zip program, I'd start to worry ... try another zip utility maybe? Rename a copy of the lca file to your-file.lca.zip and try opening that ...

A few more questions:

- How big is the problematic LCA file?

Former Community Member
With winrar The Lca files opens properly.

The problematic LCA files are not so big. Their size are about 2MO.

Former Community Member
I open the Lca Archive with winrar.

I've got a xml file (application), my pdfs and the process File.

I open the process file I suppose doesn't work with note pad.

I replace all 'é' by 'e'.

I create an archive with all the file with the LCA extension with winrar and try to import it into livecycle.

I've got this error :

Error on archive preview : C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ArchiveStore\153\application.xml (Specified file is unreachable)

Level 2
Going along with this ... in your new archive, what is the path of the application.xml file? Is it really in the root of the archive?

Former Community Member
Yes, I think. I extract the ProcessA into a folder. Modify the File I think was wrong, don't touch the other one and recompress all to a new ProcessA.

Do you want I sent you my old and my new archive ?

Otherwise I recreate my first process without any accent, create a LiveCycle Archive of it but still can't import it in LiveCycle.

Therefore I don't know what is wrong with my archive.

Level 2
You can send me your archives at livecycle57 at gmail dot com. I'll take a peek. Also, try to find out the file and system encodings used by your appserver.

Level 2
To answer your second question in your initial post, "if Acrobat is uninstalled, are LiveCycle and JBoss also uninstalled?", the answer is no, and vice-versa: if LC and Jboss are uninstalled, Acrobat is not uninstalled.

Former Community Member
Thanks,

I have sent you my archives at your gmail address.

Level 2
I believe we've resolved the issue. To wrap up this thread:

"org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence"

This error occurs while importing an LCA (during the preview phase) and is caused by the presence of extended characters (such as é,à,...) in a process template or the application.xml. A bug in the preview archive code prevents the import of such LCAs.

If possible, avoid using extended characters in process maps on 8.0.x systems.

However, should you run into such troubles, open the LCA file, find the application.xml and replace all extended characters with normal characters (i.e.: replace é with e). Repeat the procedure for all process templates contained within the LCA. The LCA should import now.

"Error on archive preview : C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\ArchiveStore\153\application.xml (Specified file is unreachable)"

If you follow the thread you see this error comes up after the user has rebundled the LCA after making edits to its contents. The LCA was inadvertantly rebundled as a RAR file, rather than a ZIP file.