Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Images always embedded?

Former Community Member
I'm using images on my form. I don't want ANY of the images to be embedded. So, I set up all my images with URLs and make sure I DON'T check 'Embed Image Data.' After saving, closing then reopening the form, ALL my images are now embedded! The 'Embed Image Data' box is checked and the URL field is blank! Checking the XML source confirms all my images are now embedded. I've tried it with static and image fields but they always end up embedded. What's the point of having the option if you can't actually change it?

This is getting pretty frustrating. Can anyone help or am I just trying to do something that LCD wasn't designed to do? I've looked for some kind of option for 'always embed' or something... what am I doing wrong?
1 Reply

Former Community Member
OK I hope I'm not making a complete jerk out of myself here but when I save the document as a 'dynamic' PDF either in v7 or v8, all my images get embedded. If I save it as an actual LiveCycle document (.xdp) of course, the images remain non-embedded. Does that mean I can't actually have a PDF with linked images?