Expand my Community achievements bar.

Image Field does not pick up updated/changed images

Former Community Member
I have just updated to CS3.

I am trying to achieve what appears to be a very simple task in LiveCycle Designer ES with an available feature, but it is not working.

I am effectively trying to merge images into image fields in a document.

I am creating a form in designer with Image Fields that point to generic filenames (001.jpg, 002.jpg etc).

I want to be able to place a bunch of images in a folder on a PC and have a user simply open the pdf and have the images display in the relevant fields on the form. I don't need or want to worry about linking using XML, OLE or Web Services. The form is simply sitting in a physical folder on a PC together with a bunch of images.

When I create an image field and then click on url to select an image, the location and file is populated in the url field (e.g .\001.jpg) and the current image displays on the form.

When I save this form and then open the PDF up, I see the image in the document. However, if I overwrite this image (001.jpg) in the same folder and open up the PDF, the original image still displays, rather than the newer image (with the same filename), which is what I was hoping to achieve. So the image file names will stay the same, but their contents will change. I am hoping to create a form that will refresh itself with whichever images happen to be in the folder.

As background:

Embed Image Data is unticked. I'm not sure if I need to worry about any binding options but I have set to Normal and Global, but this makes no difference.

I have also tried changing the image path from .\001.jpg to various UNC path formats, but this either comes up with errors on saving the form, or it makes no difference to the end result.

I rang support and they said that the function should work with this version and that I should either read the help file or post a message on the forum. I've read help, so I guess this is my last resort.

I thought this would be a very basic task for Livecycle, but it appears that I have either missed something, or there is some other problem.

Please help.

Thanks

Earl
32 Replies