Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to use email submit button with webmail; not a desktop email client

Former Community Member
We've made a form that will submit data via an xml attachment to an email. It was all tested as fine (using Adobe Reader 7...) and has been deployed - DISASTER.

People using Adobe Reader 8 cannot choose to save the xml file. AR 8 just opens up their default email client. If they use webmail and it's not on the list of default email clients (IE/Tools/Options/Programs)then we don't seem to be able to get the xml data out.

How can you get AR 8 to give you a choice of what to do with the xml data when a user clicks the Submit by email button? Just like the email client choice in AR 7!!!! Please, if anybody from Adobe sees this, help us...
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you ever get a solution to this problem. I have several clients who use internet email and it always worked with earlier versions of reader because it would display the "Select Email Client pop up.

Please let me know.

Former Community Member
No joy, Gary. Had to send everybody back to AR7 and stop them updating.

Former Community Member
This is costing me $$$.

Did you ever get a response from anyone at Adobe?