Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to populate field(s) in my PDF via Internet from my PHP/MySQL Server

Former Community Member
I am able to successfully send my XML data to my PHP/MySQL server via a PHP script and a 'Http submit' button in the PDF. (I get time out errors if I try submitting XML data via Adobe Acrobat Pro 8 and Pro 9, but it works successfully without errors in Adobe Reader 8 and 9 - wierd)

Once the XML data is received, the PHP/MySQL server script processes the XML data and needs to send back the resulting data/answer right back into the PDF.

How do I accomplish this? Where should I start looking?

Example: User submits Date and Time they would like to book a meeting room.

Server replies back if the meeting is is availble, and if not available it gives alternate dates and times.
2 Replies

Former Community Member
When you submit information to your server via an HTTP you can only send back a PDF for Acrobat/Reader to respond. You ar not talking to a browser so sending back HTML is not an option. It is not a communictaions vehicle between the two. If you want that I would suggest a web service approach.

Former Community Member
The http submit/PHP script combination I currently use to send XML data from Adobe Reader (8 or 9) to to a Mysql/PHP for processing works well.

BUT...I want to immediately return the results of this MySQL/PHP processing back to my PDF. (I read somewhere that Adobe PDF's generally want data returned in FDF format?)

Example:

The PDF submits via our PHP script a date and time to book a meeting room.

I want the PDF to receive the response back from my web server (text, date, numbers) and insert into fields inside the PDF (via FDF? similar?)

What area of Livecyle do I employee to recieve data? Can I hire a semi expert out there reading this post to give me a hand? Paypal?