Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to install LiveCycle Designer when you didn't install it initially

Former Community Member
I am a registered owner of Adobe Acrobat Pro v.8 (on Windows XP). I've been reading about LiveCycle Designer and it's said to be part of Acrobat Pro, but I don't have it. I must not have chosen to install it in the beginning. But I downloaded v.8 as an upgrade, so I don't have a CD. Can I rerun the installation file safely now (I saved the file when I downloaded it) to install LiveCycle, or will that interfere with my Acrobat, for which I've downloaded various upgrades since then (I have 8.1.3)? Actually I have two files in my saved downloads folder and I'm not sure which one to use. I have AcroPro80_efg.exe and APRO8_Win_WEB_WWEFG.exe. The 2nd file has a later date, about a month later. So that's my second question; assuming that I can rerun the install file, which file do I use?

Thanks.

Margaret
1 Reply

Level 1

Margaret,

You can install the LiveCycle Designer by going to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel and select Change/Remove option when you hilight the version of Adobe that's currently installed (mine says Adobe Acrobat 8.1.4 Professional).  You should be able to "Modify" and install the LiveCycle Designer.  Once it's installed, it should be on your Programs List.

Hope this helps.

Lisa