Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to hide a Page?

Former Community Member
Hello,

I want to make a page disappear depending on the value of a variable, is this possible?

By the way my form is static, could it be done without changing to a dynamic form?

which attribute could be used to do this? should be done on the Page, Pageset,layout, subform ....???

if it cant be made disappear, making it invisible or all the fields on the page would be ok.

currently im using LiveCycle Designer 8.0

Thanks in advance.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Yes your form will have to be dynamic ....you can use the presence property of the page and all children of the Page object will be affected. If you change the presence to invisible then the objects still exist in that they take up space but they cannot be seen. If you make it hidden then they do not take up space .....I believe that you will want hidden.

Former Community Member
myform.myitem.presence = "hidden"

myform.myitem.presence = "visible"

did you try this?

Former Community Member
hello

myform.myitem.presence = "hidden" didnt work, tried already and also tried many combinations of Page, form, subform, pageset hidden but none of them worked so far.

The solution would be a dynamic form but im working with static ones so i cant go deeper into it.

Thank you two for taking time answering.

Former Community Member
You could simulate dynamic form capabilities in static interactive forms, but it would require round-tripping back to the LiveCycle Forms Service server-side, and regenerating the PDF Form with the new layout.