Expand my Community achievements bar.

how to create a dynamic XFA

Former Community Member
Could you tell me how to create dynamic XFA? I have a large text words may wrap to more than one page, I wrote the following in LC dsigner xml source:<br /><template ...><br /><subform name="loanProcess" layout="tb><br /><field name="txtData" w="100mm" minH="10mm" /><br /></subform><br />...<br /></template><br />But when I open in acrobat, and import XML data, I see the data in the field are longer than the field width, and height not automatically grow.<br />Could you tell me where I'm wrong?<br />Thanks,<br />Bing
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Bing,

Have you set the textfield to be multi-line, so that text will wrap within the field?

Also, have you saved your PDF as a dynamic PDF Form?

To make a field growable (expand based on user input), the field's parent needs to have a flowed layout, which your XML shows. The field needs to have a minH attribute, and the PDF also needs to be saved as dynamic.

Based on your XML above, I would guess your PDF form was saved out as a static PDF form from Designer.

Regards,

KJ

Former Community Member
KJ,

you're right, I got it! I was so upset when I chat with another expert a couple minutes ago.

Bing

Former Community Member
KJ,

I set multi-line for my textfield, but when render to pdf, there's a vertical scroll bar generated, and you can scroll the whole section of words in one page, how to disable the scrollbar? and also keep my line of words can be wrapped.

Thanks,

Bing

Former Community Member
KJ,

I figured out the answer, set vScroolPolicy="off"

Bing