Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to change WSDL/SOAP url's when moving between environments?

Level 2
I've got a few forms that use web services, so I have wsdl and soap url's defined in my forms and in the web service processes. How can these be updated when moving the forms to a new enviroment? (sandbox, development, qa, prod) And is there a better method to use than coding the actual url? is there a way to code a reference to a parameter?
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You can add scripts to the forms that will programmatically change the URIs. I have comment on this topic in the Designer forum. Have a look there and see if you can find the previous post.

Level 3
I also think that the best way to handle this is through scripts. On the first form we developed we used the hard-coded urls and found this to be a pain. On our second form we've started to not use the Data Connections at all and strictly use JavaScript to accomplish all of our connections.

But if you have a form that is currently using hard-coded urls. I found an easy way to change them was to go into the XML Source View and do a Find/Replace on the url.

Former Community Member
I put mine in a database. The DataSource in every environment is the same name so that can be hard coded. All environment specific values can then be read from a table unique to the corresponding environment.