Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to add notes on Task

Former Community Member
I tried to add a note to a task, as I have added an attachment, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me. I monitor the server log activities, when adding an attachment to a task, it is doing something, but when adding a note, there is no message logged at all, so I have no idea where has my note gone.

On process workflow I have configured to user step ACL to be able to add attachments and add notes, hence the UI for adding notes and attachments are shown on Workspace.

I am using LiveCycle 8.0.1 release on Jboss/MySql turnkey installation.

Any helps will be appreciated.

Kendy
7 Replies

Level 10
I think I remember a bug around that. We have released the Service Pack 1b now. Maybe it's been fix in there.

Jasmin

Level 9
Actually, we found that it works in the shipping Workspace, but doesn't work if you use workspace compiled from the source you provide:-)

Howard

Former Community Member
When using the source code shipped with the SDK, make sure you add the "-services services-config.xml" to your additional compiler arguments in Flex Builder. The services-config.xml file is included in the SDK. If you don't specify this the note will not be added correctly.

Former Community Member
Thanks WorkspaceUser for your advice. It really solve the 'add notes issue' on customised Workspace.

I have another question regarding the services-config.xml. I noticed that inside our services-config.xml, the channel-definition endpoint uri is not specified i.e: 'https://{server.name}:{server.port}/workspace-server/messagebroker/amfsecurepolling' and 'http://{server.name}:{server.port}/workspace-server/messagebroker/amfpolling'.

My question:

- Do we need to specify the {server.name} and {server.port}?

- What is the impact if we don't specify them before we compile the Workspace in Flex Builder?

Please

Former Community Member
You shouldn't have to do anything special with these tokens. LC DS will automatically assign the correct values at runtime.

Level 3
I have a similar problem - or I think it is.

I would like the users to be able to Add a Note when they Forward a Task - e.g. not complete it.

Scenario is that a user receives a task that is for someone else and wants to Forward the task to them with a note as to why they are forwarding it to them.

If the open the form and add a note then 'submit' it then the task thinks it has moved to the next 'phase'.

So is there any way to add a note to a Forwarded task without opening or submitting it ?

It seems from the documentation (and the 'task ACL' options) that this should be possible - but I can't see how ?

I've tried using Non-Customised WorkSpace and no difference.

I'm running LC ES SP2.

Thanks - Stuart

Level 3
forgot to subscribe to discussion