Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to add 2 days to a date field?

Former Community Member
How to add 2 days to a date field if a Saturday was selected on a different date field?

Thanks
6 Replies

Level 7
Test the formatted value of the different field for "Saturday" and then do your calculation.

Former Community Member
Hello Geo,

Thanks for your reply, thats exactly what I need to do, but how do I do it? I do not have that level script knowledge.

This is the code placed in one of the field to add 1 day to the date field, but I need to add 2 days if the day selected is a "Saturday"

if (DateTimeField1.rawValue ne null) then

Num2Date(Date2Num(DateTimeField1.formattedValue, "EEEE, MMM D, YYYY")+ 1, "EEEE, MMM D, YYYY")

else

null

endif

I really appreciate any help, thanks guys

Level 7
My response to your other post:

if (DateTimeField1.rawValue ne null) then

if (Substr(DateTimeField1.formattedValue, 1, 08) eq "Saturday") then

Num2Date(Date2Num(DateTimeField1.formattedValue, "EEEE, MMM D, YYYY")+ 2, "EEEE, MMM D, YYYY")

else

Num2Date(Date2Num(DateTimeField1.formattedValue, "EEEE, MMM D, YYYY")+ 1, "EEEE, MMM D, YYYY")

endif

else

""

endif

Former Community Member
Hello Geo,

Thank you, Thank you so much!

It works perfectly, all I did was copy your suggested code and pasted in my date field.

I hope some day I can return this favor to you some way

Thanks!

Former Community Member
I ran into the same problem and used the recommended code. But for some reason, it will accept only May month dates and the calculations are correct. Any other dates besides a May date, the calculated fields returns January 1, 1990.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Former Community Member
I am attempting to add a date field and then have a another field add an amount to a box if the date is less than 30 days. Later I want to update the form to have the today's date is less than 10 days.

Early Registration Fee is $10.00 if posted by February 25, 2008

Late Registration Fee is $20.00 if posted by March 17, 2008

It seems simple, but, when you get to be 71 years old, it seems difficult. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is a link to the form I'm working on:

http://www.aworldwide.com/Gideon/Convention_Registration.pdf

I am using a trial version of Adobe Acrobat 8.

Thanks,

Andy Anderson