Expand my Community achievements bar.

How does one delete an extra page in a dynamic form?

Former Community Member
I am a LiveCycle newbie. I have created a dynamic form with flowed content. It has one master page and one main page with subforms.

Problem is I somehow seemed to have aquired an extra page (page as in actual numbered page in the document - not liveCycle page)- my form shows in designer and PDF preview views as having 6 pages even though my content all fits on 5 (and on page 5 it is only a 10th full so there's no reason that content should be overflowing onto a 6th page). Does anyone know why I would have this extra page and/or how to go about deleting it?

As a side note, my subforms are all set as flowed so I don't think the issue is an expanded subform that is overflowing onto the last page.

If you need any more details please let me know.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Usually that happens becuas eyour content falls beyond the page border. Can you check your object widts and ensure that fall within the defined Content Area?

Or make your Content Area on your Master Page as big as possible.

Former Community Member
Thanks for your response.

I did check my content area on my Master page and adjusting that doesn't seem to do anything. I already had it set pretty large so what I tried doing instead is making it about half the size that it originally was. Doing this and switching over to design view I could see that the change was reflected in my form - now my content was all in an area about half the size of the page. Still, on the second to the last page the content does not overflow out of the content area so I still do not see why its adding another page....

Are there any other possible solutions (or will I have to recreate the form all over again)?

Again - any help is extremely appreciated.

Former Community Member
I've run into this problem a lot.

Sometimes Designer tries to be helpful and tries to determine where you might want a page break to occur. This can sometimes result in these "ghost" pages that don't appear in the design view but show up in the final PDF.

To remove the "ghost" page, switch to the xml view and search for the word "break". I don't remember the exact tag name, but you'll see the page name mentioned in the tag attributes.

Remove the entire tag and your "ghost" page should be no more.

Former Community Member
If Arane's suggestion does not work ...then post the file to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.