Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I roll back an action before the next participant opens the workitem?

Former Community Member
There is a situation where I need to roll back an action taken by a participant A, which forwarded the workitem to the participant B. If the onComplete event took place, the workitem is no longer on participant A's worklist.

How do I roll back this action, in the manner that it would come back to participant A's worklist, before participant B opens the workitem?

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Daniel-

What is your determining factor for rollback? Is it thru user error or some data present in the form? If it's form data, then merely add an additional route line with a conditional statement to route the wi back.

If it's user error not sure that's possible.

Former Community Member
Well, Jon, that's exactly what I was trying to do: to allow the user to cancel an work item he submitted, as he was giving up before the next participant opened the work item.

It's fine to use conditional statements and to create a route back based on form data, but what I really want is the possibility for the user to cancel the work item at any time before the next participant opens it.

Thanks, anyway.

Former Community Member
The product itself does not allow the initiator to recall item that is sitting in someone else's queue. We resolved this issue by building reject actions that routes back to initiator, and created a customized page that displays the workitems that the user can recall.

You can limit it per process or tasks in the SQL filter via EPSDK since the specific task would need the "Reject" action. It works well!

The concept is that you have to set up a WF user ID with application priv. and use that ID to perform the look up and reject on behave of initiator.