Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do I change the database for executeSqlStatement

Former Community Member
Hi

I am trying to use an executeSqlStatement in my process flow, which saves my submitted forms data by inserting it into a database.

My question is, how can i change the database that workbench is pointed at from adobe, to my own DB, or if it is possible at all?

I have tried changing the database pointers in adobe-ds.xml and mysql-ds.xml, but that has only succeeded in breaking my livecycle workbench:/

I have had no luck trying to find a solution, so some clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Ross Malan
2 Replies

Level 10
The executeSqlStatement uses the data source you specify in the data source name. The format is java:/datasource_name.

Now how to setup that data source depends on the application server you are using.

In JBoss, like you mentioned, you need to configure a *-ds.xml file to contain the data source information. You can edit one that already exists or create a new file as long as the file name ends with -ds.xml.

Don't change the data source that are alreay setup. Just add new ones.

At this point this is strictly JBoss configuration. It has nothing to do with LiveCycle.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I will give that a try. Thanks for the help Jasmin