Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Highlight fields

Former Community Member
Is it possible when a user opens the form all fields to be highlight without to have to click the highlight button?

I am using LCD 8.2

Thanks
16 Replies

Level 4

Where do I put that information? I use LiveCycle Designer out of Acobat Professional.  Can I still use that line of code?  If so where do I put it?

Level 4

Sorry I am a complete beginner.  I don't know where that is.

Level 2

This is how i will solve it..on each field: whether a text field, combo box etc you can view their events by clicking them and selecting from the drop down list; in this drop down list u will see a number of events: click, enter, exit, prePrint, preSave etc and in that list u will find form:ready. Select it and paste the code there make sure Javascript is selected as the Language.

Level 4

I will see if I can figure it out If not you may hear from me again

Level 4

I am still having issues.  I don't see the drop down that you are refering to.   Is there anyway you could do a screen shot and attach it?   I am thinking it may be limitations to the LiveCycle I have - since I am using what is part of Adobe Professional.

Level 2

no it wouldnt be limitiatiations cuz i am also using the one from professional. Tell me if you are seeing the area where u are able to enter javascript code for the form. If you are seeing it that area, its in that section below the task bar..

Level 4

Awesome!!!  I found it!  You are terrific!  Thanks so much for your help!

Level 4

Hi !

Okay so I tried it with app.runtimeHighlight = false;  ( I don't want the highlights to show up) but when I open the doc in reader (I have extened the features to readed) the highlight button in the top right still over rides the code I put in.  All I did was choose form:ready and enter the code.  Do I need an end statement?  I tried saving it as a dynamic PDF vs Static?  Remember I am really new so I must be missing something.

Former Community Member

Works fine for me ...can you post your form so we can have a look?

Paul

Level 4

I sure can! I have added both the reader version and the regular version.

Thanks for the help!

Jodi

Former Community Member

You have your code on LayoutReady not Doc Ready. Layout Ready is too early.

Paul

Level 4

So do I put it on the form level (the same place I have it now) but choose docReady from the drop down?   I got the last thing I did from this forum page

How to turn "On" the Highlight fields automatically?.

I will try this again

Thanks!

Jodi