Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Hide the Email Button

Level 2
Hi,

Is it possible to hide the email button when it is clicked and have it replaced with a comment of some type, ie 'Thank you for your submission!'

Frank
6 Replies

Level 4
Hi Frank,

You can do it by making your "submit by email button" invisible and putting an other regular button, which is visible. On the click event of your regular button you should write javascript that does:

1-display message

2-make regular button invisible

3-call the click event of submit by email button

Oguz

http://www.kgc.com.tr

Former Community Member
Yes ....but I would put a second button on the form that is visible to the user and make the actual email submit button invisible. This way you can program the visible button. I added this code to the click event:

EmailSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

Button1.presence = "invisible";

app.alert("Thank You for your submission!");

Level 2
Hi,

I not sure I follow the script. If I make the email submit button invisible, how can it be clicked. Maybe it would be easier for me to put text under the email button and have the email button become invisible after its clicked.

Frank

Former Community Member
You cannot program the email submit button .....if it is invisible it is still there you just can't see it.

Level 2
This is what I don so far.

I created the Submit by Email button and made the presence invisible. then I created another button (button1) and the control type is regular (not execute or submit)I then added the script

EmailSubmitButton1.execEvent("click");

Button1.presence="invisible";

app.alert("Thank You for Your Response");

to the Click option in the javascript window. Should one button be over the other button and how do I click the button to ignitate the emailing process. Nothing happens. I appreciate you help;

Frank

Former Community Member
That code assumes that your email button is called EmailSubmitButton and the extra button is called Button1. If your buttons are named differently then modify the code to reflect the new names. The placement of the invisible button doesn't matter. Make sure you save your form as a dynamic PDF form. If you are using Acrobat you can hit the Ctrl-J key to bring up the java console and see if any errors are being generated.