Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hide first Master Page

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm developing a form that uses the MVC model to display pages. In the form, there are 2 master pages (Page1 is a portrait page, Page2 is a landscape page).

The problem is on click of a button, i'm supposed to hide the first page (portrait page) and display a landscape page instead. From my testing, it seems that the first portrait page will remain although i've already hide the page.

Form layout

page 1 - portrait

page 2 - landscape

page 3 - portrait

On open, show:

page 1 - portrait

on click of button, show:

page 2 - landscape

page 3 - portrait

Does anyone encounter similar issue? or is there a way to hide the first master page if my first page is using the second master page?

Thanks alot.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have the same problem in my form.

My form has two pages. On the initialize event i am hiding the second page (content area) and the master page won't be displayed too. That works.

With a button I want to hide the first and show the second one, so that it seems to be just a single sided form ans just the view will change, but in this case only the content area of the forst page will be hidden and the empty master page is still there.

The result is a two sided form with an nearly empty first page (some info of the master page is still there).

So how to hide the master page of the first page too?

Cheers,

Andreas

Former Community Member
I assume that you hve set up your form to be dynamic otherwise it will not work. I tried something similar here with version 8.2 (not released yet) and it worked. I would be concerned that if you are trying to hide the page with the button on it (which I clicked) it may not like that because it cannot hide the page/field that has focus on it.

Hope that helps

Former Community Member
The button that navigates to the next section is on the master page, it seems that the first master page of the form will always be displayed even if the content area is empty.

For my case, the first page is a portrait page, when i hide the first page and attempt to display the landscape page as the first page, the first portrait master page will still be visible.

Level 1

Hi,

I have the same usecase and the same issue.

When I put the content of the first page to hidden (wrapped in a subform) and make the content of the 2nd page visible the first master page remains visible even though the subform is hidden.

Have you found a solution to this issue.

My form is dynamic.

BR

Carsten

Former Community Member

There is a restriction in XFA that the 1st Master page definition must be used. Any subsequent ones can be unised ...but the 1st one must be used!

Paul