Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

hide document message bar?

Level 6
Hi,

Is there a way to hide the Document message bar from inside a pdf?

If not, is there a url open parameter apropriated for that? I know toolbar=0 works fine, even when the pdf is opened embedded on IE.

Thank you
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Maybe a dumb question :p But which bar is the document message bar?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Level 6
Hi Chris!

Is the bar with a print button and a highlight fields option. We get it in a fillable pdf. That bar also has a message saying: "You cannot save data typed into this form".

I thought that bar would be the message bar however, I tried to hide it thru pdf_url?#message=0 and it doesn´t work (only works with toolbar=0). I rather control the hide of these bars thru code inside the pdf (livecycle forms of course)...

Any idea?

Thank you

Former Community Member
Well, if I type in the URL and append #message=0 it works for me. But because with Forms you typically stream the PDF byte stream to the client instead of using URL's to actual PDF files that doesn't help much.

I tried to find a JavaScript way of doing it and asked around, but it doesn't appear that there is a way. I believe there has been an enhancement request made for that. So maybe in the future.

There is a menu option under Edit->Preferences->Forms to always hide it. If you open a PDF that makes it show, then check that, then opening PDF's after that will not show the message bar.

Chris

Level 6
Hi Chris,

Im really using an url to a pdf. However, with the #message, it doesn´t work...

What you mean about this: "But because with Forms you typically stream the PDF byte stream to the client instead of using URL's". Example?

Thank you

Former Community Member
That's odd, it worked for me. Are you using 7.0.5?

What I meant is that typically in a forms application the user types a URL or clicks a link that goes to a servlet (or some other type of server component) that renders the PDF using Forms and then sends back the bytes to the client. I have seen a few people who use Forms to render the PDF, save it to the filesytem and gives the user the link direct to the PDF which breaks that mold and makes using PDF open parameters easier.

Chris